Incorporated in the summer of 2009 (as the Pikes Peak Regional Business Partnership), the Southern Colorado Business Partnership has followed an aggressive timeline for development, collaboration and action.
- 2011: The SCBP was selected by the state, to partner with area non-profits in developing a groundbreaking Engaging Youth program
- 2010: A series of community strategic planning sessions were conducted in Pueblo, Woodland Park and Castle Rock, engaging area leaders to shape and guide SCBP in its branding, employment and transportation issues
- February 2010: Rebranding & name change
- February 2010: Executive Director hired
- August 2009: Website launched
- July 2009: Incorporation finalized
- Fall 2008: Strategic planning sessions held
- July 2007: Work sessions with Greater Des Moines Partnership
- June 2007: Press conference announcing official alliance of founding members: Hispanic Chamber, Black Chamber, Greater Colorado Springs Chamber and Experience Colorado Springs at Pikes Peak
- April 2006: Partnership building option led by Jerry Smith of Pikes Peak United Way
- January 2005: Initial Presentation of Concept
Board of Directors
The SCBP Board of Directors is comprised of designated representatives from each of its member organizations. The 2013 Executive Board is shown below.
Rod Slyhoff, Chair
He has served the Greater Pueblo Chamber of Commerce since 1988, and became its President & CEO in 1994. He participated in CU's Chamber Institute of Organizational Management, served as President of the Colorado Chamber of Commerce Executives. and volunteered on several boards of Directors, including Pueblo County United Way,which he chaired for two years.
Debbie Miller, Vice Chair
She is President of the Woodland Park Chamber of Commerce, applying 14 years of Chamber experience from South Carolina and Illinois - along with a substantial background in legislative and political arenas - to the needs of the growing Pikes Peak region. She is also the past Chair of the Colorado Chamber of Commerce Executives.
Jim Cassidy, Secretary/Treasurer
He is the Chief Financial Officer of the Convention and Visitors Bureau. He joined Experience Colorado Springs at Pikes Peak in 2005 to oversee its human resources, financial and technology functions. He relocated to Colorado following a 21 year career in Indiana’s Department of Natural Resources.